This is a monthly subscription service that includes food, beauty & fashion items that are all VEGAN! Vegan Cuts takes the guess work out of finding items that you can use in your everyday life- which is one of my biggest annoyances. I hate spending hours in grocery stores/beauty departments reading labels and trying to decipher what every ingredient means/if it’s allowed in a vegan lifestyle! If you’re 100% vegan, or just wanting to live a more natural, cruelty-free life- these boxes are for you!!
Vegan Cuts has two different options, a snack box and their beauty box. I subscribe to both. (I highly recommend both!) They are each $22.95.
The snack box includes 7-10 items (of which many are FULL SIZE). They can be anything from chips to cans of soda… even meal starters like pasta & meat substitutes! They state on their site that MOST of the snack items are even gluten free!!!
The beauty box has 4-7 cosmetics & skincare items. Again, full sizes can be included as well! Perfumes, eye cream, face masks… I even got a small soy CANDLE this month! What a pleasant surprise!
It’s hard to choose a favorite between the snack & beauty boxes, because both are equally wonderful…
Let’s just talk about the snack box more in depth, first!
Can you say SNACKS? This March box was huge. HUGE!
Now- first of, I’d like to point out that the Vegan Cuts Customer Service department is AMAZING! The snack box & beauty box are shipped together in one box when you subscribe to both, and this month I had a little mishap with a body wash… needless to say- it EXPLODED in my box and got all over everything. I wrote to the customer service department, figuring they’d at least send me a new body wash… but they went above and beyond and sent me an entire replacement box! I am very appreciative, because now I can actually enjoy all my items without fear of contamination & can give an honest review of EVERYTHING without having to miss out on some items. The new box was shipped to me super fast, and it was a very simple, painless process overall. I wasn’t even upset anymore about my ruined items because they handled it with kindness and understanding- just fantastic! Anyway…
There is no set theme with these boxes- so the variety is very refreshing. I had 11 items in my snack box! (Yes, that’s even MORE than the maximum item estimation!) What’s great about the item selection is that almost all the brands in the boxes have Instagram/Facebook pages, so you can look them up, see their other products, find out where to purchase, and much more! All their customer service staff is very informative & helpful if you have further questions, too. They’ve been very vocal via Instagram as far as where to find their items in store & online. I find this very helpful, especially when trying to price things out!
My snack box included:
- Sweet Maui Onion chips from Deep River Snacks. (Simple ingredients, they support great causes! Perfect for adding to your lunchbox. I love the oniony flavor. I am glad this bag wasn’t larger, because I definitely could have kept eating them.
- Veggie chips from Real Deal. (A serving and a half of veggies in every ounce!) Again, these were a winner as far as chips go. Great for throwing in your lunch bag. What I love about these is I didn’t feel guilty eating them! They have wonderful ingredients, but didn’t taste like “cardboard”.
- A puree pouch of Banana, Carrot, Mango, Orange, Wheatgrass, Tumeric & Chia by Shine Organics. (Gives you a pick-me-up– lots of Vitamins A & C!) I am going to say that THIS was my FAVORITE ITEM in the snack box! I had this for a mid-morning snack, and I really feel like it helped make me feel rejuvenated and satisfied until lunch. It was also significantly more delicious than it sounds. WHEATGRASS? I admit, I was worried when I saw that… but trust me, you won’t even taste it.
- A chocolate daily shake by CLEAN (A program that restores your body’s natural ability to heal itself!) I mixed this with 8oz of almond milk and added a dash of cinnamon. It was so yummy! It “encourages clean eating habits, is great as an after-workout shake or as a snack, provides easily digestible nutrients & helps plug nutritional gaps in our regular diet.”
- A box of Banza Chickpea Pasta. (High protein!) I made a wonderful avocado pasta with this. Just blended some avocado halves, garlic, lemon zest, oil, basil together and used that as the sauce. Topped with halved cherry tomatoes & some corn! GREAT SPRING/SUMMER DINNER!
- Double chocolate mint brownies from Nature’s Bakery. Can you say “Indulgent”? I felt like I was eating chocolate brownies straight from my mom’s baking dish. These are definitely a treat.
- A caffeine boost 70% dark chocolate & coconut bar from Briskbars. This bar really gave me a boost of energy! The coconut adds a great flavor to this. My only problem with this is that I feel like it’d have tasted better in a vanilla flavor. You can buy these on Amazon for a great price!
- Breakfast bar from MiMi’s Natural (Minimal ingredients & maximum healing properties!) This item was the only item in the box that I wasn’t crazy about. I ate a few bites and gave the rest away. It’s not that it’s BAD… I just couldn’t stop picturing bird food when eating it. I think I’d just have to get used to it. There was a coupon attached to this bar for buy 3 get one free.
- A chocolate flaxbar by LiveSmart Bar. Another one of those items that makes it sound like it’s going to be gross, haha… but it was actually very yummy & satisfying. For someone like me who loves to snack between meals- this is a great choice because it makes you feel full for a very long time.
- A raspberry truffle protein bar from D’s Naturals. (Dairy, soy & gluten FREE. ALL NATURAL!) I chose the fruit pouch as my favorite snack box item, but this was a close second! This shouldn’t even be called a protein bar- it tasted like a straight up DESSERT! I love that it’s gluten-free, too. It’s hard to find something so tasty that’s also GF.
- Last, but not least, a box of Chili Lime Carnitas Jackfruit Shreds from Upton Naturals. You can use these in so many different ways- Tacos, scrambles, sandwiches, over rice… the possibilities are endless! I suggest making Pulled “Jackfruit” [pork] sandwiches with this. Add a little avocado, some dairy-free sour cream and you’ve got one heck of a dinner.
This snack box was a total WIN this month. You can make dinners, substitute meals with some of the protein bars, add most snacks to your daily lunches… you really get your money’s worth! I thought the protein shake packet by CLEAN was a great addition, as well as the pulled jackfruit by Upton Naturals. It’s so different from any box I’ve ever had- and it makes the monthly wait so worth it!
My Beauty Box included: [Information card included price values, which I love to see!]
- An all natural black mineral pencil by Earthlab Cosmetics. ($20 Value) This pencil is fantastic! A little goes a long way. It takes a few seconds for the pencil to warm up on your inner lid, but once it does it goes on super smooth. I had no issues with smudging or run off. A real winner.
- A bottle of black soap body wash by Shea Radiance. ($5 Value) This was the item that ruined my first box, as the cap was loose, haha! When I finally got the chance to use this, I was pleasantly surprised. The scent isn’t something I’d normally choose for myself, but it was calming and I found that it helped relax me before going to bed that night I used it. It has coconut oil in it, which made my skin really soft!
- Heat activated thermal spray by Dermorganic. ($10 Value) WOW. Let me say, this smells like a dream! I used after the shower on damp hair before blow drying, and then again right before heat styling with my Beach Waver. This made my hair really shiny and full of body! The scent that lingered was very pleasing, too.
- A roll-on Lime, Jasmine & Orange perfume by Pacifica (One of my FAVORITE brands!) ($12 Value) FAVORITE Beauty Box item! I can’t say enough good things about the Pacifica brand. I am so happy that my local Target has started carrying their items. This is a fantastic item to throw in your purse for on the go applications. The scent, again, wouldn’t have been my first choice- but I think that’s what I love so much about it… it’s SO DIFFERENT from anything I’ve ever worn. You can really smell the notes of lime, which instantly makes this my new go-to fragrance for this upcoming summer. It reminds me of “beach days in the sun”. It smells fun & young.
- A small Chamomile & Clover tea-lite soy candle by October Fields. ($1 Value) I was really surprised to see something like this. What’s cool about this item is that it’s made in my home state of Maine! This has a 1-2 hour burn time and is in a recycled/recyclable packaging. I took it out of the plastic bag and was blown away by the beautiful scent of this! I immediately went to their website and ordered an 8 pack of these babies! The scent lingers in whatever room you put it in for hours! I love it.
- Last, but not least, a DELUXE eye cream by Everclēn. ($20 Value) This moisturizes the skin underneath the eye and helps firm,tone & reduce the appearance of fine lines! What is great about this eye cream is that the scent isn’t overpowering and it feels very hydrating.
Now, I am waiting to hear back from Vegan Cuts as to the total value of the Snack Box*, for there wasn’t an information card regarding the value of those products- but I am already positive it was well worth the $22.95. As far as SNACK BOX VS. BEAUTY BOX, I’d say the ultimate winner for me this month was the SNACK BOX! As much as I love each and every product from my Beauty Box, especially my Pacifica roll-on perfume, there was just TOO much awesomeness in the Snack Box to not give it the credit it deserves. I am so thankful to Vegan Cuts for introducing me to so many new favorite brands. It’s a real eye opener to see just how many items are available for the vegan community, or for people simply trying to be more conscientious of their choices.
I highly recommend Vegan Cuts to anyone curious about trying new products that are vegan & AWESOME. In my opinion, there is no better subscription service right now as far as beauty and snack items are concerned. Head on over to http://vegancuts.com/ to order your boxes today!
*Once Vegan Cuts responds to be about the value of their Snack Box, I will update my post to let everyone now how much it was worth!